WHAT IS FORGING
Forging is a processing method that uses pressure to shape a metal.
It uses a method of impact or extrusion to cause plastic deformation of a metal material. In most processes, it is often necessary to soften the material and to process it. The billet is heated and then forged.
Application of Forging
Forging is a very important processing technology.
They have the characteristics of high physical properties, good toughness, high strength, can be used in vehicles, mining, automotive industry, machinery industry, chemical industry, civil construction industry, etc.
And other important accessories.
Advantages of Forging
Following are four advantages of forging：
1. First of all, the processing of the same parts, it is performed
more than other general machining, the grain structure is more fine,
and the internal porosity and other defects are reduced.
2. Second, the continuous fibrillation of the crystal grains results in a mechanical fibrillation state, and the material can thus obtain
the maximum strength of the orientation, excellent mechanical properties such as impact resistance and fatigue resistance.
3. Third, the complex shape parts are more economical than mechanical processing and are suitable for mass production and reduce the cost of the workpiece.
4. The last, through the metal forming flow method, processing
can save material and reduce material loss compared with other cutting processes.
Fault of Forging
1. First of all, high-temperature forging is easy to oxidize, and a layer
of rust is rapidly generated on the surface of the workpiece. When
the forged workpiece is in contact with metal, the rust
will continuously fall off.
2. Second, due to the production of oxides, the accuracy of the workpiece cannot be quite high.
3. Third, forging molds are expensive, so they are not suitable for small amounts of production.
4. The last, processing is a lot of variables, so it is not easy to master, affecting the status and effectiveness of the process and results.
Above info is from the reference.